Asphalt roofing has been around in various forms since the late 1800s, as it has always performed as an inexpensive yet highly durable material.
Though it was used differently back then, mostly as asphalt dust coated roll roofing, some inventive people created asphalt shingle roofing around 1950 and the industry has never looked back.
In this more convenient and easily applied form, asphalt shingle roofing quickly took off to become the most commonly used roofing material everywhere.
Over time, the products used by asphalt roofing contractors have only improved in quality, durability, and lifespan, which is why asphalt shingles retain the crown as being America’s favorite roofing material.
What Are The Benefits of Asphalt Shingle Roofing?
- Supreme Weather Resistance - For the money spent, asphalt roofing shingles offer great weather resistance in a variety of climates when properly installed using the right insulation techniques.
- Fire, Wind, and Impact Resistance - Premium asphalt roofing shingles to protect against specific risks like fire, high winds, and hail are available.
- Easy and Fast To Apply - Asphalt roofing contractors can install a shingle roof in a fraction of the time of many other more complicated roofing systems.
- Many Styles and Colors - Architectural and dimensional asphalt roofing shingles come in many different shapes, colors, and thicknesses to add style to any type of home architecture.
- Low Maintenance Requirements - Asphalt roofing generally requires minimal maintenance, consisting of occasional cleaning and routine inspections to ensure it is performing as it should.
- Long Lasting - Some asphalt shingle roofing is designed to last up to 50 years, which is almost as long as some metal roofs.
- Cost-Effective - With so many benefits, so many styles, and such a long life potential when properly installed by professional asphalt roofing contractors, asphalt shingle roofing is one of the most cost-effective roofs out there. It is a lower-priced installation in comparison to many other types, but still offers so many advantages!
Offering so many positives, asphalt roofing shingles are the go-to roofing material that many people continue to choose for their homes and buildings for good reasons.
Asphalt shingle roofing products get better and better, making it the most affordable, long-lasting, and trouble-free roof for the money as long as it is properly installed and cared for!
Talk about the options with a local asphalt roofing contractor today!